well it has been quite some time since I’ve posted! and here we are, December. with the holidays upon us and the airwaves filling with the joyous noise of holiday jingles. as we prepare for festivities, we begin easing into the impending new england winter season. and their ain’t no way around it.
about a month ago I flew out to the west coast for another pacific northwest adventure with my best friends. there was a visit to seattle’s chihuily glass museum and beers on rooftops and photobooth laughs and a wood stove fire in a cute airbnb and walks down portland’s alberta street.
I believe my travel bug has been satiated. for the remainder of 2015 at least. and now I am keeping my adventures local. I have actually had time to clear my email inbox and check things off my to do list like donate clothing and buy a new couch and maybe rake the leaves this weekend. maybe…
so here’s where I just start slapping things that I dig on the page. I’ve come across a couple videos and links that I want to keep track of because of their greatness. and while Icelandic salt doesn’t sound like something notable, let me make you the penne pasta dish that I use it on and you’ll change your tune.
- my adventurous + amazing friend Kelli traveled to Iceland and brought me back Icelandic moss salt which I sprinkle on penne pasta tossed with parmesan cheese, olive oil, tuna fish, and some veggies. I am dangerously low and need to restock.
- keeping this sword + plough wool and brown leather purse on the top of my christmas wish list. this company works with veterans to re-purpose military surplus fabric into stylish bags. I’m digging the wool and leather combo.
- getting <<turnt up>> this friday morning to the tune of brand new coldplay + beyonce, Hymn for the Weekend.
- to my fellow people of Providence that enjoy taking a break from technology, there is Better Off. This adorable spot (snuggled up next to The Grange) is stocked with record players, typewriters, pencil sharpeners, paper, and analog cameras. It is a…
slow space for time + place away from digital distraction – an opportunity to define digital balance in your life.
- new bar alert! lonely street has opened in olneyville. a cozy bar fit with a large jukebox that plays 45s, an analog b&w photobooth ($5), and a lovely [affordable] beer menu.
- looking for DIY projects for the deep dark winter days ahead and I think I may have hit the jackpot with this IKEA DIY goldmine right here.
- finding myself in full party planning mode with my post-christmas party, ‘Twas the Night After Christmas, right around the corner and in need of some solid party planning and decorating resources – esp. for a house cocktail idea
- and last but not least here are a couple videos that I found, watched, loved, and am sharing with you:
I enjoy this instructional video. both for its content and delivery.
another thanksgiving has come and gone but this video will never get old.
his playful smile, musical talent, and green nails all makin’ my knees weak.
an amazing video that I am sure has made it’s rounds on the interwebs. you can bet yer butt this will be streaming and projected onto a wall at my holiday party.
cheers to the freakin’ weekend,
p.s. but wait there’s more! this hey now remix by the current ruler of my ears, Bonobo, is pure magic. ok, now I’m good. bye. luv ya.